Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Bennington Rescue Squad
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Initial Course 2018
We are planning an initial EMT course starting January 2018.
Classroom content will be held mainly on weekdays during normal business hours (approximately 8AM-5PM). Some material will be delivered using online content.
Clinical Experience may include evenings and weekends.
A detailed schedule and application will be posted soon.
- 18 Years of age by the time of testing
- Physical or letter from Primary Care Physician (PCP) that states that student is physically fit for the expectations of the course
- No criminal convictions or history that would preclude the applicant from licensure or certification
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccine or signed letter declining vaccin
- Current PPD (aka TB Test) Purified Protein Derivative
- Proof of vaccination or current titer:
- Varicella HX (Chicken Pox)
- TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis)
- Seasonal Flu Shot
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) exam required for Vermont EMT certification. This course meets all the educational requirements as required by the Vermont Office of EMS. This course will:
- Prepare EMTs for practice in a variety of health care settings (employment and volunteer).
- Provide students with a strong basic curriculum to meet certification requirements.
- Provide students with the foundation for advancement within the pre-hospital care profession.
If you have any questions or would like to be added to our mailing list for the 2018 program, please email: email@example.com