Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Bennington Rescue Squad
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Initial Course
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 11, 2016
Note: Course may be cancelled if attendance does not meet minimum required.
- Completed Application
- Tuition or Tuition Down Payment
The course will start on January 3, 2016 and continue until February 10th.
Classroom content will be held mainly on Weekdays during normal business hours (8AM-5PMish)
Clinical Experience and Ride Time may include evenings and weekends.
The National Registry Exam will be on Saturday, February 11th.
A detailed schedule will be posted soon.
- 18 Years of age by the time of testing
- Physical or letter from Primary Care Physician (PCP) that states that student is physically fit for the expectations of the course
- No criminal convictions or history that would preclude the applicant from licensure or certification
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccine or signed letter declining vaccin
- Current PPD (aka TB Test) Purified Protein Derivative
- Proof of vaccination or current titer:
- Varicella HX (Chicken Pox)
- TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis)
- Seasonal Flu Shot
Class Information: Classroom: Generally weekdays, during business hours
Class Location: 120 McKinley Street, Bennington, VT 05201 802-442-5817
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) exam required for Vermont EMT certification. This course meets all the educational requirements as required by the Vermont Office of EMS. This course will:
- Prepare EMTs for practice in a variety of health care settings (employment and volunteer).
- Provide students with a strong basic curriculum to meet certification requirements.
- Provide students with the foundation for advancement within the pre-hospital care profession.
Our goal is the success of our students. This class may be delivered using both a distance learning AND face to face learning components. For many students, the EMT class is thought of as ‘just a formality’ in getting an EMT certification, only to get into the course and realize that it is much more difficult than they imagined. The ability on the part of the student for self-discipline as well as being able to review, absorb and retain large amounts of information in a short period of time is paramount. You should plan on dedicating a minimum of 10-12 hours per week outside of class for review of materials and completion of assignments. If you are weak on these parameters, please schedule a meeting with the instructor in order to review your situation and whether or not your current situation is conducive to this class.
TEXTBOOKS (Provided with registration)
Current Bennington Area College Student $400.00
General Admission $750.00
(Bennington College, Southern Vermont College, Community College of Vermont, etc.)
Refund Potential: The EMT course fee may be refunded if a student completes the course, obtains licensure, and joins BRS as an Employee or Volunteer at the completion of class and meets certain requirements. (Contact us for details).
The fee for this course is $750.00. Bennington Rescue plans several aspects of its courses around the number of people registered. For this reason, we have established the following policy regarding cancellations. A down payment of at least 50% of the tuition is required to reserve a seat in the course. Those registrants who cancel 30 or more days prior to the start of class will be issued a refund minus a $50.00 administrative fee. Cancellations made within 30 days but at least 2 business days prior to the start of the class will be charged $200. No refunds will occur after two business days before the start of the course. Payment in full must be made by the end of the second class session.
The fees for the course will cover:
- Course Tuition
- Class Polo
- BP Cuff
- EMS Scissors